Before & After School Care
Please contact the school office if you would like to register for Before and After School Care.
The purpose of this program is to provide a safe and convenient service to the parents of our school children that need supervision beyond normal classroom hours. The program allows parents the opportunity to drop off their children at school as early as 7:00 a.m. and pick them up as late as 5:30 p.m.
The guidelines for this program are as follows.
1. The child(ren) may be dropped off at school no earlier than 7:00 a.m. All students will begin the
day in the School MPR. All parents and children must use the main entrance of the school building for Before School Care.
2. For safety reasons, students are not allowed to wait outside the main entrance prior to 7:50 a.m. All students who are dropped off prior to 7:50 will be directed to the MPR for Before Care. All preschool and kindergarten students who are in Before School Care will be walked over to the Early Childhood classrooms at 7:45 by a teacher.
3. After school care for grades 1-8 will begin from 3:15-3:30. After school care rates will apply at 3:30 pm. Preschool and Kindergarten students will have after school care in the large motor room in the Early Childhood building and will begin from 3:00-3:30. After school care rates will apply at 3:30 pm. (Preschool & Kindergarten are excused at 3:00 pm)
a. The schedule for after care for grades 1-8 is as follows:
3:15-3:30 Check in and find a seat Find something quiet to do.
3:30 Snack Time! Bring something from home as we DO NOT provide a snack.
3:45-4:30 Outside play on the playground(if weather permits).
4:30-5:20 Homework/quiet reading time/drawing or coloring/activity from cabinet
5:20-5:30 Games/clean up time
*Your Child is responsible for putting away any toys before leaving with their parents/guardians.
A schedule will also be in place for the preschool and kindergarten group.
3:30-4:00 Large motor activity(either outside or in the large motor room)
A snack brought from home may be eaten during this time.
Please send a snack that is easy to eat. Anything with a spoon or fork will be tricky to eat outside.
4:00-5:30 Read aloud story/coloring/art/free play
4:30-5:00 Depending on the number of students remaining, they will be walked to the MPR for pick up. A sign will be outside the MPR as you drive in to let you know where to pick up your child. If the sign is out, pick up your child in the large motor room.
4. Student Conduct:
a. Students will be required to abide by the rules of the school at all Times.
b. Students will need to be cooperative in whatever activity they are involved in, and at
times, maintain a study-type atmosphere. The schedule will determine when activities or study times are in order.
c. Students causing undue disruption will receive a yellow slip for behavior. The yellow slip will need to be signed by a parent and returned to the student's homeroom teacher the next school day.
d. The consequences for receiving yellow slips will be the same as during the school day.
e. St. Jacobi students may not be allowed to participate in the Before/After school program if behavioral expectations are not met.
5. The fee for this service is $5.50 per hour. The arrival and departure time is recorded daily by the
supervisor. The computer billing program will prorate your bill to any fractions of an hour.
Late Fee: Students who are picked up after the 5:30 p.m. will be charged a dollar a minute. Parents will be notified via email if there was a late fee applied to their account.
6. Families will get a monthly invoice of the extended care and early late fees at the beginning of the
following month and will have 20 days to pay it before late fee charges apply. These charges will be added to your Infinite Campus account and can be paid through the parent portal or the school office. Late fee charges are $35.
a. It is important that all fees be received on a timely basis. These fees are the only
revenue source to pay the supervisors.
b. St. Jacobi students may not be allowed to participate in the Before/After school
program if payments are not met.
Thank you for taking the time to review these guidelines.
Mr. Josh Walker, Principal